Hello my friends!! It’s a New Year and I’ve been away for a bit trying to get a handle on some real life stuff, but I’m back and anxious to continue sharing my journey and hopefully on one(or many) of these blog pages someone’s spirit will be inspire, encouraged and empowered!!
This morning during my Reflection/Word time I heard 3 words that impacted my spirit in a mighty way….”BOUNDARIES,ORDER & STRUCTURE!!
Several years ago when I ended my last serious relationship and decided to spend some time getting reacquainted with myself, those 3 words were critical in helping me to be my best possible self. But more importantly they helped me recognize the people who truly belonged in my life and in what capacity/position they belonged. Because, let’s face it, not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life ya know 🙂
Because each of those 3 words are powerful, I’ll unpack each of them individually in separate blog posts.
Let’s start with “BOUNDARIES:” since without those the other 2 don’t work effectively.
In simpler terms, boundaries are the recognition of personal space. The understanding that your freedom ends where my “nose/personal space” begins. Setting and maintaining your own personal boundaries is quite possibly one of the most important things and THE most self-loving act you’ll ever do!! Firm boundaries show others how you expect to be treated and allow you to maintain your personal integrity.
If you’ve never considered setting your personal boundaries please understand that, NO boundaries = little/low self esteem.
Here are some 1st steps to setting your boundaries:
- Never forget that “NO” is a complete sentence with no further explanation required.
- Decide through your own self-work what your core values are.
- Develop a healthy respect for yourself!
- Say what you mean and mean what say
- Be respectful of other peoples boundaries
- Be ready to verbalize your boundaries
- Be prepared to stand firm in your boundaries
This list is just a starting point. Developing and setting “your” specific personal boundaries takes time and your willingness to honestly examine yourself. Your boundaries will probably be different from others and that’s OK!! They’re your boundaries and you need not make apologies for them!
So, my loves….. Get started developing, setting and maintaining your personal boundaries right now ..today!!! Doing so will give you these benefits and so much more:
- You’ll have improved self-confidence and a healthy self-concept.
- You will be able to communicate more honestly with others.
- You will have more fulfilling relationships(personal and professional).
- You will have more control over your life.
- And lastly you’ll be able to get the order and structure of your life and purpose on track!
Part 2 -“ORDER” tomorrow!!
Until then Live, Love and Laugh on Purpose!!!